Dermaplaning is now available at Colours Dartmouth in Nova Scotia.
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a highly effective and safe skin care treatment using a sterile, surgical scalpel to gently remove the top layer of dead skin along with fine hair. Dermaplaning is often referred to as “epidermal skin levelling”. It is a form of facial exfoliation similar to facial peels, but goes deeper and also removes the peach fuzz layer of hair. When we do dermaplaning we avoid the nose and delicate under eye area.
This is a very safe option for pregnant women concerned about using chemicals while carrying their baby.
Benefits of Dermaplaning:
- Removes top layer of dead skin cells and encourages skin regeneration
- Allows product penetration to deeper levels of the skin
- Help reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Removes two to three weeks of dead skin cells
- Brightens your complexion: you will find your face glows
- Instant results: you will notice the improvement immediately
- Helps reduce the appearance of acne scars
- Beneficial for all skin types
Myths about Dermaplaning:
- Your facial hair will NOT grow back thicker or darker
- Dermaplaning is not painful, some of our clients fall alseep
- It will not cause breakouts and in fact will help heal your skin
- You cannot use a regular razor for this. Only a sterile surgical blade should be used by a trained esthetician. (Always ask about their training)
Dermaplaning Services offered at our Spa:
Single Dermaplaning Session $ 65
4 Session Package SAVE $10 per treatment $220
Dermaplaning with any Facial Treatment add $ 4
Our esthetician has 6 years nursing experience.